Box Office Results - 'Abominable'
Dreamworks stealth-released another animated film this weekend, and despite a marketing campaign that seemed almost non-existent, Abominable still snagged the number 1 spot, though, judging by its budget, its not exactly a success.
Box Office: $20.6 million
Abominable, the latest Dreamworks animation release, grossed a disappointing $20.6 million at the box office this weekend. There’s a couple of silver-linings though. One, the movie has pretty good reviews and audiences seem to be enjoying it, which should give it at least decent legs. Secondly, the movie cost much less than your average Dreamworks film at $75 million, now that’s not exactly cheap, but if this one lights up overseas, it could have a shot at making its money back. If Abominable grows legs, which I anticipate it will, I expect it to match its $75 million total domestically by the time it leaves theaters.
The Top 10
1. Abominable - $20.6 million (NEW) $20.6 million
2. Downton Abbey - $14.3 million (-53.8%) $58.3 million
3. Hustlers - $11.4 million (-32.2%) $80.6 million
4. IT: Chapter 2 - $10.2 million (-39.8%) $193.8 million
5. Ad Astra - $10 million (-47.3%) $35.4 million
6. Rambo: Last Blood - $8.6 million (-54.4%) $33.2 million
7. Judy - $2.9 million (NEW) $2.9 million
8. Good Boys - $2.1 million (-20.2%) $80.2 million
9. The Lion King - $1.7 million (-38.1%) $540 million
10. Angel has Fallen - $1.5 million (37.1%) $67.2 million
Source: Box Office Mojo